The DOPA® system is a double wall coating sytem which provides high tank integrity. The DOPA® system is an internal tank lining system to rehabilitate tanks directly on site without an interruption of site service ensuring business continuity.
The DOPA® coating system is reinforced with a laminte layer in order to provide the required mechanical integrity. The liquid epoxy top layer is classified as solvent free, high solid, non-flammable and ensuring a safe operation at the construction site and has a great chemical resistance.
It allows to install a class 1 vacuum monitoring of the interstice according to EN13160-2.
The system has the DIBt approval (Z-65.30-486) and is approved according to EN13160-7:2016.
Structure of the lining system:
The lining system shall be applied on degreased and clean surface according to the adhesion criteria of ISO EN 18479 for epoxy based materials:
- Surface treatment, cleaning, degassing, remove all oil residuals
- Repairing the surface and leveling of welding’s with epoxy mortar
Coating Application Technology:
- Application of EPOFLEX® ground layer by spraying
- Place the aluminum sheets on the surface with approx. 10-15 mm overlapping and fix them with bi-adhesive tapes.
- Manual application of lamination on the aluminum sheets and application of a woven double layered fiber glass (450 g/m2)
- Slightly rub or sandpaper of the entire surface, remove dust
- Application of EPOFLEX® top layer by spraying
- Check for pinholes with pinhole tester and rework possible pinholes
- Application of the conductive/antistatic layer ADAPOX® by rolling
The above information is based on tests by approved institutes (e.g. TÜV Süd Germany) and many years of experience. As the lining performance depends on correct installation, we offer application courses for certified installers and installation supervisors and provide certificates which shall be renewed every 3 years.