The DOPA® Light is the quickest and most economical way to create and/or rehabilitate a double wall system. The DOPA® Light system is an internal tank lining system to rehabilitate tanks directly on site without an interruption of site service ensuring business continuity.
The DOPA® Light coating system is reinforced with a partial laminate layer in order to provide the required mechanical integrity. The liquid epoxy top layer is classified as solvent free, high solid, non-flammable and ensuring a safe operation at the construction site and has a great chemical resistance.
There is no tank surface preparation and sand blasting required.
Structure of the lining system:
The lining system shall be applied on degreased and clean surface according to the adhesion criteria of ISO EN 18479 for expoxy based materials:
- Surface treatment, cleaning, degassing, remove all oil residuals
- Reparing the surface and leveling of weldings with epoxy mortar
Coating Application Technology:
- No ground layer is required
- Place the aluminum sheets on the surface with approx. 10-15 mm overlapping and fix them with bi-adhesive tapes.
- Manual application of lamination on overlapping of the aluminum sheets and application of a woven double layered fiber glass (450 g/m2)
- Slightly rub or sandpaper of the entire surface of the lamination, remove dust
- Application of EPOFLEX® top layer by spraying on the entire surface
- Check for pinholes with pinhole tester and rework possible pinholes
- Application of the conductive/antistatic layer ADAPOX® by rolling
The above information is based on tests by approved institutes (e.g. TÜV Süd Germany) and many years of experience. As the lining performance depends on correct installation, we offer application courses for certified installers and installation supervisors and provide certificates which shall be renewed every 3 years.