The liquid sensor based leak detection technology is a leak detection system that is designed to detect the presence of hydrocarbons in secondary containments and in monitoring wells. Connecting the alarms remotely an immediate emergency response can be provided to avoid and, if not possible, to minimize the damage to the environment and the loss of product.
As soon as the sensors detect any hydrocarbons, they give an alarm through the RF Emitter in the control unit. The control unit forwards the signal to a centralized alarm system and/or to a nominated phone number or email address. Additionally 24/7 access to a customized web interface can be provided.
Physiochemical reaction sensor technology
- Component disintegrates in the presence of hydrocarbons (replaceable cartridge).
- No false alarm
- No maintenance
- Different configuration for different applications
- Low cost
- Compliant to EN 13160-4:2016 and EN13160-6:2016
Wireless communication technology EX zone 1 certified
- Easy installation with no civil work
- Continuous monitoring 24/7
- Real time alarm
- Low cost
- No maintenance necessary
- Up to 3 repeaters to extend the signal
Remote or local control units
- Obtain information of thousands of sites without leaving the office
- Remote configuration
- Local alarm sound and light
- Modular (local + modem = remote)
- Web access for continuous monitoring
- Control up to 64 units
Using a wireless leak detection system has many advantages, not only the environmental protection and immediate emergency response time in case of a leakage or spillage, but also because of the long distances which can be bypassed, making it an ideal choice for tank refineries, tank farms, solar plants or gas stations with centralized monitoring.
A liquid sensor based leak detection equipped gas station could be managed as following:Monitoring wells: controlling possible leaks affecting ground waterManhole: where leakages usually happen during the charging operationDispenser bucket: control possible spillsThe sensor is designed to float on the groundwater level and as soon as it detects the presence of hydrocarbons, it sends an alarm signal to the control unit via the transmitter or any repeaters.
The RF Emitter is screwed in the monitoring well cap and connected to the sensor that is floating in the groundwater with its replaceable cartridge. Out of the well and close to it the RF Repeater is installed to help the signal reach longer distances.Wolftank Adisa is providing analysis and advice how many sensors, transmitters, repeater or RF emitters are necessary to bypass the required distance and reach the best signal quality. The smart sensor leak detection technology has no limits on sensors, transmitter, repeater which can be installed and therefore a 99.9% uptime with no signal loss over long distances or in difficult environment can be easily reached.
What is detected?
- Spill of primary containment leading to the presence of hydrocarbons in secondary containment (storage liquid)
- Water presence in secondary containment, e.g. in the sump
- Spill to the ground with hydrocarbons detected in monitoring wells
Examples what can be monitored
In tank farms and industrial sites:
- Interstice between 2 floors of double floor storage tanks
- Containment basins
- Basement of storage tanks according to EEMUA183
- Soil below tanks
In gas stations:
- Interstice of double wall tanks and pipework
- Soil and ground water below tanks, pipes and dispensers in monitoring wells
To download the smart sensor for leak detection product presentation, please click here. To find out more about successful case studies, please check the monitoring examples in a petrol station and in a storage tank farm.